The moving bulkhead guarantees a fully unloaded moving floor
The manual, electric or hydraulic moving bulkhead ensures that the load is completely unloaded from your moving floor trailer.
But how does a moving bulkhead work?
When the floor system moves, the floor sheet and the moving bulkhead will move with it due to friction. As everything slides with it towards the back, the moving floor trailer is left clean after unloading. Even the smallest parts of the load have been unloaded as a result.
A manual, electric or hydraulic moving bulkhead
The choice of the moving bulkhead is up to you:
- A manual (with or without brushes) moving bulkhead
- An electric moving bulkhead
- A hydraulic moving bulkhead
If you opt for an electric or hydraulic moving bulkhead, you will be back on the road faster. You save time because the bulkhead automatically returns to its position at the front of the trailer. STAS offers you the option of a standard manual moving bulkhead with brushes and a sturdy, removable steel suspension. You can also opt for a light version without brushes with a simple but efficient suspension. In the electrical & hydraulic fenders segment, you can opt for a standard or slightly heavier heavy-duty tarp.
Using the moving bulkhead in 4 steps
How do you use the bulkhead?
- Loosen the rubber bands that lock the moving bulkhead in position.
- If necessary, detach the floor sheet from the moving bulkhead and spread it as far as possible across the moving floor as possible.
- Ensure that the track rails are free on both side walls of the trailer. Read more about how best to maintain your upper rail.
- After unloading the trailer, check that sufficient material has been deposited onto the floor sheet. The floor sheet should be sufficiently pressed against the floor so that the coil is smoothly pulled along with the load.
Operation after unloading the moving floor trailer
After unloading with the manual version, re-hook the floor sheet to the moving bulkhead and push the moving bulkhead and sheet back to the front of the trailer. Then reattach the elastic bands. In case of an electric or hydraulic retractable moving bulkhead, this will be automatically retracted using the remote control.
The moving bulkhead and floor sheet are accessible through the rear doors of the moving floor trailer, or if you have them, through the service door in the front bulkhead. This allows you to go behind the moving bulkhead to service the moving bulkhead and the track rails.
Which version is best suited to your needs?
Download the PDF containing different versions of the ride-on bulkhead to see everything in detail.
Or contact the closest STAS dealer using the dealer finder: